Currently the process required to receive an F-1 Student Visa is as follows:
- Step 1 – Apply to Fuller and receive acceptance into a degree program.
- Step 2 – Prepare your Declaration of Financial Support.
- Step 3 – Submit the Declaration of Financial Support along with the I-20 Application to the International Services Office no later than 90 days before the start date of your program (this can be done before you receive acceptance into a program at Fuller).
- Step 4 – Upon proper completion of the above three steps the International Services Office will send you an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility (please allow two weeks for processing).
- Step 5 – Schedule a visa interview with the US Consulate or Embassy.
- Step 6 – Bring the following documents to your interview: I-20, Passport, Declaration of Financial Support, acceptance letter to Fuller, SEVIS Fee. Also be sure to check with your local embassy to verify what other documents they require for the visa interview.
The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is expected to undergo a major renovation and the visa process will change slightly to improve efficiency. Please speak with an International Advisor at Fuller for more information about SEVIS II.