Library Assistant (Work-Study)
Department: LB01 - Library Administration
FT/PT/Temp: Work Study
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 15 per week
Reports To: Digital Resources Librarian
Library Assistants will work to maintain the collection by moving, unpacking, sorting, and shelving materials. In addition, Library Assistants will work to organize the Library by hauling trash and rearranging furniture and shelves.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Unloading pallets of boxes
- Unpacking boxes of materials
- Sorting and moving materials to various areas of the Library
- Shelve materials in accordance with guidelines established by Asst. Provost for Library and IT
- Hauling trash and moving furniture
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- One year work experience
- Familiarity with Library of Congress system is desired
- Must be able to sort alpha-numerically
- Able to push loaded book carts (maximum about 300 lbs)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Must be eligible for Federal Work-Study.
Federal Work-Study positions are open only to qualified U.S. Citizens and permanent residents whose eligibility to participate in the Work-Study program has been determined in advance by the seminary's Student Financial Services office.