Childcare Worker (On-Call)
- Date Posted:
- Exempt Status:
- Pay Rate:
$11.00 per hour
- Reports To:
Team and Office Operations Coordinator; Director of Residential Community; Lead Childcare Coordinator
Childcare Workers offer supervision and activities for children while their parents are attending a program offered through Residential Community or other Seminary offices, as directed by the Lead Childcare Coordinator. Programs for which childcare may be utilized include ongoing programs such as Marriage Support classes, Bible studies, Parent-night-out events, Training days and weekend Retreats or one time events such as Orientation or a special seminar or banquet. Programs may be in the evenings or weekends, as well as on weekdays. By providing safety and stimulation for the children, Childcare Workers will offer integral support to the seminary’s programs and mission.
This position will be for a one year duration, ending June 30th, 2015, with an option for continued employment if expressed.
- Report to the Lead Childcare Coordinator before and after duties
- Aiding in planning and facilitating activities for the children during the period they are watching the children
- Directly supervise the children at all times. Oversee safety and hygiene of the children while they are in childcare. This may include changing diapers, or assisting with toileting and cleanliness. Childcare Workers are not to go in to the bathroom alone with children
- Must be sensitive to parents’ requests, and try to keep them informed as much as possible for the good of the child. Parent questions regarding Fuller policy may be directed to the Team and Office Operations Coordinator / Director of Residential Communiuty
- Ensure the parent has signed the Permission Slip for Occasional Childcare and completed a Child Information Card
- As directed by Lead Childcare Coordinator, oversee the dropping off and picking up of children by parenst/guardians. Make sure the parent signs their child in and out, this roster is then kept on file. If the parent is not able to pick them up, person(s) authorized to pick up the child must be written in to the child information card, signed by the parent. Must only release children to authorized persons and request a picture identification when necessary.
- Must be willing to wait after hours of the program if a parent has not picked up a child.
- Must be able to respond appropriately in case of an emergency. Emergency contact information for children is on their Child Information Card
- Fill out an incident report for any accidents or unusual events and immediately inform the Lead Childcare Coordinator. The Lead Childcare Coordinator then informs the parents
- Required Programs for this position include: Commencement (June), Residential Community Connections Retreat (August), Residential Community quarterly trainings (Fall Winter Spring), BeST Day Training (May), some weekly events, and one –off events also
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Childcare Coordinator
- Ensure that the bathrooms and room are clean before and after each scheduled time of care. All toys and play items must be stored away appropriately
- Sincere care for children and enjoyment in being with them
- Knowledge and experience in childcare and child development helpful
- Ability to engage children in stimulating, age-appropriate activities
- Ability to directly supervise children and provide boundaries from unsafe activities or environments
- Ability to work as a team with other Childcare Workers
- Lifting and carrying children as necessary
- Infant and Child CPR and First Aid desirable, but not required
- Adhere to Fullers Community Standards of Behavior
- CPR training with infants helpful
This position is subject to background check
You may be asked to complete CPR training