- Completed and signed Application for Admission, including:
- Ministry Experience responses.
The DMiss is an applied research degree designed to address a problem
or opportunity arising from the student’s current ministry context.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years of missional experience.
- Focus Statement
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee (if the application is submitted online) or a $100 nonrefundable application fee (if the application is submitted in paper form)
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary
schools attended (undergraduate and graduate coursework). Graduate
transcripts should include a balance of theology and/or missiology
coursework totaling a minimum of 36 quarter units (27 semester units)
and include the following minimum prerequisite coursework:
- Theology: 12 quarter units (9 semester units). Note that 8 of the 12 quarter units may be taken at the undergraduate level.
- Missiology: 12 quarter units (9 semester units)
- Note: Graduates of Fuller’s MA in Global Leadership (MAGL) degree are deemed to have met these requirements
- Evidence of obtaining a master's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.4 or higher
- Three completed reference forms, including one academic reference and one pastoral/ministry reference
writing sample portfolio. This writing portfolio should demonstrate
graduate-level writing competence in a portfolio of English work that
includes approximately 10,000 words (about 40 pages), which may include
any combination of the following:
- MA-level writing project
- MA/ThM-level thesis
- Published book
- Published articles
- Doctoral dissertation in another field
The portfolio is expected to demonstrate an applicant's ability to:
- Organize and reflect on practical, theological, and/or missiological relevance of their work and ministry.
- Integrate materials from different sources or perspectives.
- Write clearly and concisely in preparation for doctoral-level research and writing.
- Integrate ideas, critique relevant literature and research, and suggest conclusions.
the writing project should reflect on current writing and interests.
Projects written ten to fifteen years ago will not be as helpful in our
evaluation process as current work. A 10-page missiological reflection paper. Click here to download the reflection paper instructions based on three assigned books.
to the DMiss program who have not completed an English-based master's
program will be required to submit an official score from either the TOEFL or IELTS Academic Format exams. Please see the English Language Requirements page for details.
you are a Permanent Resident of the United States, you must submit a
copy of your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) to the Office of
Admissions. No Declaration of Financial Support is required.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, you must apply 3-6 months prior to beginning on-campus coursework (this
will give you sufficient time to complete the admissions process and
immigration requirements). You must verify your immigration status with
the International Services Office. Those seeking a F-1 or J-1 visa
from Fuller must submit a satisfactory Declaration of Financial Support
prior to beginning residential coursework. Please click here for additional information.
The DMiss Preparatory Status enables applicants who do not yet meet the
prerequisite requirement in graduate-level coursework for direct
admission to the Doctor of Missiology degree, to apply and have their
*Preparatory Status Admit students must successfully complete the prerequisite coursework with a GPA of 3.4
or higher within 2 years. Failure to do so will cause the conditional admission to the DMiss program to
Application deadlines for upcoming Doctor of Missiology cohorts may be found by clicking here.
TUITION AND FEES
for one year of study in the DMiss Program (12 units) in the 2011-2012 academic school year is
$5880.Travel and lodging for the two week cohort intensive and purchasing books are the students'
responsibility. A rough estimate of 1
year of study in the program (including travel, lodging and books) is
The DMiss Office has a limited amount of funds for students who show
need. Once admitted, students my request a "Needs-Based Grand Form" from
the DMiss Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Price per Unit |
|Continuation Fees (Required when not registering for classes except Summer quarter) |
|Intercultural Studies PhD/DMiss (per quarter)|
|Intercultural Studies DMiss Cohort|
|Intercultural Studies DMiss Cohort Dissertation continuation|