Neuropsychological Assessment Services
Fuller Psychological and Family Services (FPFS) specializes in comprehensive neuropsychological outpatient evaluations for children, adolescents and adults. If you or someone you know is struggling with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, learning disabilities, autism or seizure disorder, a neuropsychological assessment is the first step to diagnosis and treatment.
Evaluations can also diagnose emotional concerns such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder.
A typical evaluation includes assessment of:
- General intellectual functioning
- Academic skills (reading, writing, math)
- Learning and memory
- Language skills
- Visuoperception and visuospatial skills
- Motor skills
- Behavioral and emotional functioning
- Social functioning
An initial interview is done to obtain a detailed developmental history, to clarify concerns and identify goals for the assessment. Depending on the individual’s needs some areas may be evaluated in more depth than others.
Results of an assessment will assist in:
- Understanding developmental, neurological and medical issues
- Identifying an individual’s strengths and weaknesses
- Addressing academic, social and emotional issues
- Providing a better understanding of the behaviors and learning styles which will help teachers, therapists and physicians provide appropriate treatments, interventions and accommodation