Click here for a list of on-campus positions
As an international student you are not eligible for the Federal Work-Study program or for the Federal Loan programs. If your visa status allows you to work on campus, you will need to apply for regular positions (not Federal Work-Study) as posted on Fuller’s employment page.
CPT (F-1 Students)
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) allows F-1 students to complete any applicable academic requirements for field internships. To be eligible for CPT you must
- Be enrolled in a degree program that requires a field internship as part of the academic program;
- Complete one full academic year of full-time study (unless otherwise required by your degree program);
- Continue to enroll in courses full-time (your CPT may account for up to 4 units toward your full-time requirement);
- Obtain an offer of employment from the organization where you will be completing your CPT requirements;
- Apply for CPT authorization from your International Student Advisor before starting your position.
OPT (F-1 Students)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) allows an F-1 student to obtain employment related to their field of study for a maximum period of 12 months. It is designed to allow actual field experience that is complementary to their program of study. To be eligible for OPT you must:
- Complete one full academic year of full-time study;
- Continue to maintain your full-time F-1 status;
- Work only in a position that directly relates to your academic program;
- Apply for OPT authorization from your International Student Advisor 90 days prior to starting your employment.
Pre- or Post-Completion OPT:
To enroll in OPT prior to the completion of your studies, you will be allowed to work only part time while maintaining a full course load in your academic program. To enroll in OPT after you complete your coursework, you must apply for OPT authorization 90 days prior to completing your studies. For post-completion OPT you may work full-time.
Academic Training (J-1 Students)