United Healthcare Resources Insurance Plan
- Click here for an updated 2017-18 United Healthcare Resources brochure
- Click here for the 2017-18 United Healthcare Resources Summary of Benefits
- Click here for a guide to using United Healthcare Resources
- Click here for a description of the supplementary travel insurance included with your United Healthcare Resources plan
- Click here to find a doctor
- Click here for a United Healthcare Resources claim form
United Healthcare Resources Policy Number:
United Healthcare Resources Customer Service:
United Healthcare Options Insurance Plan
- Click here for an updated 2017-18 United Healthcare Options brochure
- Click here for the 2017-18 United Healthcare Options Summary of Benefits
- Click here for a guide to using United Healthcare Options Plan
- Click here for a description of the supplementary travel insurance included with your United Healthcare Options plan
- Click here to find a doctor
- Click here for a United Healthcare Options claim form
United Healthcare Options Policy Number:
United Healthcare Options Customer Service:
United Concordia Dental Plan
- Click here for the United Concordia Dental Brochure
Student (including those at extension sites) residing in California and enrolling in one or more units in a quarter are eligible to sign up for this insurance on a voluntary basis. Please refer to the plan documents for more eligibility information.
Please Note: During the Fall quarter is when you enroll and pay for annual coverage. Also, while the dental plan is voluntary, if you choose to end your dental coverage at any point during the year, you will have to wait until the next Fall quarter in order to re-enroll in the plan.
United Concordia Policy Number:
United Concordia Customer Service:
Any student meeting one of the requirements below must purchase or waive student health insurance. Only students meeting one of the categories below are eligible for student insurance.
- An SOT or SIS master's-level student registered for 8 or more units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
- An SOT (CATS) ThM or Ph.D. student registered for 8 or more 500-level units or 4 or more 800-level units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
- A J1 or F1 visa student as well as dependents on J2 visas (residing anywhere in the U.S.)*
- An SIS Ph.D. or SIS ThM student registered for 4 or more 800 units or 8 or more 500 units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
- An SOP Ph.D., Psy.D., and MFT student registered for 2 or more units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
Students who are enrolled in student health insurance have the option of continuing their coverage for one additional quarter after they were last eligible (last met one of the above requirements.) Students interested in continuing coverage should contact the Student Health Insurance Office.
*Includes directed study, practicum, SIS writing project, dissertation, IDL, and online units if the student resides in Southern California. Plus it includes full time dissertation writing, full time comprehensive exam study, full time language study, and units taken at a regional center/campus if the student resides in Southern California. It does not include Doctor of Ministry, Doctor of Missiology, or MAGL seminar units. Enrollment in an internship in the School of Theology is equivalent to 4 units per quarter, regardless of how many units the student is receiving for the internship. Students enrolled in online classes only (i.e. no campus courses in Southern California) during the quarter are not required to "waive out" or enroll.
COMPLETE THE WAIVER
Check the Eligibility Requirement tab to see if you are required to carry insurance. If you are required to have health insurance and you have other coverage which meets the minimum insurance requirements, you are eligible to submit a waiver.
A student who would like to waive out of student health insurance must have their own insurance plan which offers a comparable level of coverage to what Fuller offers through its default PPO plan. Please contact the student health insurance office at email@example.com if you have more questions about waiving out of student health insurance.
The deadline to waive Fuller's student health insurance is the first Friday of the quarter.
Once you have waived, you do not need to waive again for the rest of the academic year (Fall-Summer)
The final deadlines are always the first Friday of the new quarter and are the final date to enroll (medical and dental) or waive out of insurance.
The FINAL enrollment/waiver deadlines for each quarter are:
- Fall - September 29, 2017
- Winter - January 5, 2018
- Spring - March 30, 2018
- Summer - June 22, 2018
The quarterly coverage periods for the medical and dental plans:
- FALL: September 20 - December 20
- WINTER: December 20 - March 20
- SPRING: March 20 - June 20
- SUMMER: June 20 - September 20
The quarterly coverage periods for the DENTAL plan is:
- FALL: September 1 - December 1
- WINTER: December 1 - March 1
- SPRING: March 1 - June 1
- SUMMER: June 1 - September 1
* All plans end at 12:01 am.
Ready to sign up or waive out of insurance?