Health Net (PPO)
Health Net Policy Number: 121265
Health Net Customer Service: (866) 801-1446
Health Net Info:
Kaiser Member Services: (800) 464-4000
Voluntary Student Dental Plan (HMO)
Student (including those at extension sites) residing in California and enrolling in one or more units in a quarter are eligible to sign up for this insurance on a voluntary basis. Please refer to the plan documents for more eligibility information.
Please Note: While the dental plan is voluntary, if you choose to end your dental coverage at any point during the year, you will have to wait until the next Fall quarter in order to re-enroll in the plan.
Any student meeting one of the requirements below must purchase or waive student health insurance. Only students meeting one of the categories below are eligible for student insurance.
- An SOT or SIS master's-level student registered for 8 or more units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
- An SOT (CATS) ThM or Ph.D. student registered for 8 or more 500-level units or 4 or more 800-level units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
- A J1 or F1 visa student as well as dependents on J2 visas (residing anywhere in the U.S.)*
- An SIS Ph.D. or SIS ThM student registered for 4 or more 800 units or 8 or more 500 units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
- An SOP Ph.D., Psy.D., and MFT student registered for 2 or more units in a quarter if student resides in Southern California*
Students who are enrolled in student health insurance have the option of continuing their coverage for one additional quarter after they were last eligible (last met one of the above requirements.) Students interested in continuing coverage should contact the Student Health Insurance Office.
*Includes directed study, practicum, SIS writing project, dissertation, IDL, and online units if the student resides in Southern California. Plus it includes full time dissertation writing, full time comprehensive exam study, full time language study, and units taken at a regional center/campus if the student resides in Southern California. It does not include Doctor of Ministry, Doctor of Missiology, or MAGL seminar units. Enrollment in an internship in the School of Theology is equivalent to 4 units per quarter, regardless of how many units the student is receiving for the internship.
Check the Eligibility Requirement tab to see if you are required to carry insurance. If you are required to have health insurance and you have other coverage which meets the minimum insurance requirements, you are eligible to submit a waiver.
A student who would like to waive out of student health insurance must have their own insurance plan which offers a comparable level of coverage to what Fuller offers through its default PPO plan. Please contact the student health insurance office at email@example.com if you have more questions about waiving out of student health insurance.
The deadline to waive Fuller's student health insurance is the first Friday of the quarter.
Complete the waiver
Once you have waived, you do not need to waive again for the rest of the academic year (Fall-Summer)
The final deadlines are always the first Friday of the new quarter and are the final date to enroll (medical and dental) or waive out of insurance.
The FINAL enrollment/waiver deadlines for each quarter are:
- Fall - September 30, 2016
- Winter - January 6, 2017
- Spring - March 31, 2017
- Summer - June 23, 2017
The quarterly coverage periods for the medical and dental plans:
- FALL: October 1 - January 1
- WINTER: January 1 - April 1
- SPRING: April 1 - July 1
- SUMMER: July 1 - October 1
Ready to sign up or waive out of insurance?
If you want to enroll, start at Step 4 of the class registration menu and follow the instructions.