Our goal is to provide quick, reliable, low-cost service to the many people who request their Fuller transcripts each year. To accomplish this, those requiring special services are responsible for the extra costs incurred.
- What's Included. The transcript of your official permanent academic record includes all work ever done for academic credit at Fuller. It covers all degree programs. Separate transcripts are not available for individual degree programs or calendar periods. Only the complete transcript is issued. Audit enrollments are recorded until the Winter Quarter of 1987. Beginning with that quarter, they were no longer recorded on the transcript. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are not a part of your academic record, and therefore do not appear on your transcript.
Courses registered and grades received in a given quarter will not appear on your transcript until about three weeks after the end of the quarter. Degrees may not be posted for ten weeks or more after the end of the quarter. To keep costs low, we do not hold requests until various conditions are met, such as the changing or posting of grades or degrees. Please check your transcript on Portico, and submit your transcript request when you know that all the grades you are expecting have been postedand/or that a degree has been posted. You are responsible for determining that your transcript is ready to be sent. Your transcript request will be processed as soon as we receive it.
- Normal Service. Transcripts will normally be mailed by the end of the second working day after the day we receive your request. However, peak periods or other activities (such as registration) may result in delays. Always get your request to us as early as possible to avoid delays, extra charges, and possible disappointment.
- Emergency Service. Emergency Service is available at additional cost (see below). Emergency Service charges apply when you want us to have a transcript ready to be picked up or mailed before the end of the second day after the day we receive your request, or earlier than the end of the fifth business day after the day we receive your request during peak periods or at special times such as registration weeks. If your need is urgent, contact the Registrar’s Office to see if Emergency Service will be necessary before sending us your request.
- Delivery. Transcripts are sent by regular mail. Other delivery options are available at additional cost, which must be paid in advance. Please contact delivery providers such as the U.S. Postal Service or Federal Express in advance to determine availability of expedited delivery and appropriate charges. Our Emergency Service charges also apply if you want the transcripts to leave our office sooner than provided for under normal service (see above).
- Faxing Transcripts. Transcripts will only be faxed in an emergency, at additional cost, and as unofficial documents which will be followed by the official original documents. Requests to fax transcripts are always considered Emergency Service, and Emergency Service charges are included in the cost (see below).
- Holds. Transcripts will not be issued unless admission has been finalized. Also, the Seminary is not obligated to furnish a transcript to any student or former student whose financial obligations to the Seminary have not been satisfied.
- Charges and Payment. There is a basic $5.00 charge for each transcript copy. There are no free copies, and no reduced charges when multiple transcripts are requested at the same time. Appropriate payment for all charges is required with the request. If payment is not received with this request, no transcript can be issued until payment is received. We cannot charge student accounts or access any credit that may exist there. In order to keep the cost of this service minimal, we do not maintain a billing system. Make checks payable to Fuller Seminary, or fill out the credit card information on the Transcript Request. We cannot accept responsibility for cash sent through the mail.
- Transcripts From Other Schools. We're sorry, but copies of transcripts (even unofficial copies) of credit earned at other institutions are not available from Fuller Theological Seminary. You must address such requests directly to the institutions which granted the credit. We suggest you plan ahead and always have several copies of your transcripts from other schools you attended on hand.
- How to Request. You can complete a Transcript Request form in our office in Pasadena or at any Regional Campus office, or download, print, and complete the Transcript Request form from the link below (complete one copy for each different address to which transcripts are to be sent) and bring or mail it to the Registrar’s Office. Faxed requests using this Transcript Request form will be accepted as long as credit card information (MasterCard or VISA) is provided for payment. The Registrar’s Office fax number is (626) 584-5564. We regret that requests cannot be accepted by telephone or e-mail at the present time (due to provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act). We must have your written signature as part of the request.<p>If it is not practical for you to obtain or download the form, you can use the link below to see a list of the information we need in a simple written request.
- Each copy mailed to the United States or Canada: $5.00
- Each copy mailed outside the United States or Canada: $7.00
Additional charges for additional services
- Emergency Service: Additional $5.00 per copy
- Fax service (includes Emergency Service):
- Additional $10.00 per copy (to U.S. fax numbers), or
- Additional $15.00 per copy (to numbers outside the U.S.)
- Special delivery services, such as Express Mail, Federal Express: Cost of service
Send or fax your request to:
|Fuller Theological Seminary|
|135 N Oakland Ave|
|Pasadena, CA 91182|
FAX (626) 584-5564
For further information (no transcript requests), call 626-584-5413 or send e-mail to email@example.com
Transcript Request Form (requires free Adobe Reader)
Information to include in a letter (instead of the form)