Evelyne Reisacher, associate professor of Islamic studies and intercultural relations, has taught at Fuller since 2001. Her current research involves exploring gender issues in Islam, Muslim-Christian relations, world religions and affect regulation across cultures.
Before coming to Fuller, Reisacher worked at an organization called L’Ami for 20 years in France, facilitating the relationship between churches and North African immigrants and developing courses, teaching tools, and seminars for sharing the gospel cross-culturally. She trained Christian leaders and church members in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Reisacher has published several articles on gender issues in Islam and Muslim-Christian relations. She is the general editor of Toward Respectful Understanding and Witness among Muslims: Festschrift in Honor of J. Dudley Woodberry (2012), and the associate editor of From the Straight Path to the Narrow Way: Journeys of Faith (2006). Additionally, Reisacher has published chapters in the books Peace-Building By, Between, and Beyond Muslims and Evangelical Christians (2009) and A Worldview Approach to Ministry among Muslim Women (2007) and articles in Christian Reflection: A Series in Faith and Ethics and Fuller’s Theology, News & Notes.
She also assisted in securing the Conflict Transformation: Creating Collaboration and Reducing Conflict in Muslim-Christian Relations grant for Fuller. Reisacher is a member of the American Academy of Religion, the International Association for Mission Studies, the American Society of Missiology, and the Association of Professors of Mission.
Listen to her lecture on Christian-Muslim relations delivered at Urbana 15
- MB529: Intercultural Attachment: Building Relations across Cultures
- MB507: Resolving Cultural and Religious Conflict
- MB769: Introduction to Research Design
- MD552: Intercultural Adoption
- MI770: DMiss General Missiology
- MR550: Introduction to Islam
- MR552: History of Christian/Muslim Encounter
- MR547: World Religions, Arts, and Symbols
- MR552: Lessons from the Muslim-Christian Encounter
- MR557: Women and Family in Islam
- MR574: Muslim Peoples: Sociological and Anthropological Perspectives
Areas of Expertise, Research, Writing, and Teaching
Islamic studies, intercultural relations, attachment theory, world religions, gender studies, affect regulation, conflict resolution
- Toward Respectful Understanding and Witness among Muslims: Festschrift in Honor of J. Dudley Woodberry, General Editor, Pasadena, CA: William Carey, 2012.
- From the Straight Path to the Narrow Way: Journeys of Faith, Associate Editor with David Greenlee, Authentic, 2006 (Korean edition, 2010).
- “Mission with the Mind of Christ,” Theology, News & Notes, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013.
- “Portraying Muslim Women.” In Toward Respectful Understanding and Witness Among Muslims: Festschrift in Honor of J. Dudley Woodberry. Edited by Evelyne A. Reisacher. Pasadena, CA: William Carey, 2012.
- “Internationalization at Fuller,” Theology, News & Notes, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2011.
- “Dialogue Shaping Mission Shaping Dialogue: A Response to Chawkat Moucarry’s ‘A Plea for Dialogue,’” Lausanne Global Conversation and Christianity Today, 2010. http://conversation.lausanne.org/en/people/profile/ereisacher
- “A Timely Contribution: A Response to ‘Theologies of Religions: A Position Paper’ by Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen.” Response by Evelyne Reisacher, Evangelical Intefaith Dialogue, Spring 2010, Issue 1.2 pp. 10-13.
- “Fear and Muslim-Christian Conflict Transformation: Resources from Attachment Theory and Affect Regulation,” In Peace-Building By, Between, and Beyond Muslims and Evangelical Christians. Edited by Mohammed Abu-Nimer and David Augsburger. 2009.
- “Muslim Women and Law: Implications for Ministry,” in A Worldview Approach to Ministry among Muslim Women. William Carey, 2007.
- Review of Woman’s Identity and the Qur’an: A New Reading, by Nimat Hafez Barazangi, 2007, in International Bulletin of Missionary Research, 2007
- “North African Women and Conversion: Specifics of Female Faith and Experience.” In From the Straight Path to the Narrow Way: Journeys of Faith. Authentic, 2006.
- “Peacemaking Between Muslims and Christians: Drinking Lots of Cups of Tea,” Theology, News & Notes, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2009.
- “Who is God,” Croire et Vivre 49, September 2006. Also online at http://www.croireetvivre.com/.
- “Peace to Those Far and Near,” The Voice Magazine, Issue 4, September 2006, Arab Baptist Seminary, Lebanon.
- “Beyond the Veil” in Christian Reflection: A Series in Faith and Ethics. Centre for Christian Ethics, Baylor University, 2005. Available online at http://www.baylor.edu/christianethics/ChristianityandIslam.pdf.
- “Islam et Société (Islam and Society).” In Lien Fraternel, July 2005.
- “Comprendre l’Islam en France (Understanding Islam in France).” In Cahier de l’Institut Biblique de Nogent, Nogent sur Marne, France, 1994.