FE 1: Part-Time Church Internship
Your FE1 MDiv requirement is a three-quarter internship in a church setting.
This internship is designed to give students a supervised and evaluated pastoral experience in the local church, while providing a foundation for guided theological reflection, integration, and ministry formation.
The internship course has three primary components: ministry practice, supervision, and theological reflection.
Read through the FE501 Expanded Course Description for a description of the course requirements.
- Orientation to Theological Reflection
- Learning Agreement completed by you and your supervisor
- At least ten hours of supervised ministry per week for three quarters
- Specific internship responsibilities agreed upon by you, your supervisor, and Field Education
- One hour per week of ministry reflection with your supervisor
- Leadership case study based on a challenging ministry experience in your internship
- Participation in a weekly Theological Reflection Group during the second quarter (FE501B)
- Quarterly evaluations from you and your supervisor
- Two Ministry Enrichment Seminars during the three-quarter internship
- Two meetings with your Field Education Advisor throughout your internship
Ready to Apply?
To apply for the AP501 Apprenticeship, click here