The Doctor of Philosophy in Intercultural Studies (PhD ICS) degree, offered through Fuller's Center for Missiological Research (CMR), is designed to provide exceptional candidates the opportunity to design, develop and complete a customized research plan for the purpose of:
- developing new theory that extends the domain of missiology;
- making a practical contribution to the mission of the church;
- mastering one or more principal disciplines that contribute to missiology;
- learning how to do effective academic research;
- advancing personal ability to think missiologically in a global context.
Along the way, students should also expect to:
- gain supervised experience teaching at the graduate level;
- actively participate as part of a community of scholars;
- experience an integration of personal spirituality with academic life.