Celebrating 50 Years of Integration
Hundreds descended on Fuller's Pasadena campus February 19-22 to celebrate the School of Psychology's 50th anniversary! The 2014 Integration Symposium, panel discussions, times of worship, a commemoration of our 25-year-old Travis Research Institute, and an honoring of retiring dean Winston Gooden filled our days and evenings.
We honor Dr. Winston Gooden, retiring after 15 years as dean of the school
TEN DISTINCTIVES of the School of Psychology
- As the first seminary-based graduate school of psychology in the United States, we have always been PIONEERS.
- We were the first clinical program outside a university to be ACCREDITED by the American Psychological Association.
- The INTEGRATION of psychology and theology is at the heart of all we do in our classrooms, clinics, and research labs.
- The depth and scope of the RESEARCH carried out by our Travis Research Institute is unmatched among Christian psychology programs.
- Bigger is not always better; we've intentionally kept our programs to an OPTIMAL SIZE that allows our faculty to mentor and work closely with their students.
- Our practicum training develops not only the highest levels of clinical competence, but prepares professionals who will serve with GRACE and TRUTH.
- Our INFLUENCE is profound and broad, as hundreds of our alums have gone on to help found or teach at other psychology programs around the world.
- The DIVERSITY of our students and faculty is significant and growing, with our graduates serving in more and more international and underserved contexts.
- Each year our students provide tens of thousands of hours of TRANSFORMATIVE mental health services throughout the Los Angeles area and beyond.
- A focus on EXCELLENCE has always defined us, and continues to lie at the core of all our teaching, training, and research.
Learn more about the history of Fuller’s School of Psychology and its legacy of excellence.
About the School of Psychology